Friday, March 22, 2013

My Heart
I started making this heart for a swap I was participating in 
and I was inspired by a class I attended in Dallas with Tim Holtz 
his Heart and Soul class was so informative 
and taught me a lot of different techniques. 
I get so many compliments from everyone who sees it. 
I just love this style.
 I enjoyed making these hearts and I hope the whoever received one will enjoy it 
and I hope they can be inspired from it as I hope you will.

The heart is normal chipboard and I used my Bigshot and a Cuttle Bug clock works embossing folder. I applied Ranger Glossy Accents to the chipboard and pressed kitchen aluminum foil. Then using Tim's techniques of adding Ranger Alcohol Inks and then sanding off with steel wool.

The flowers are cut with Tim Holtz Alterations Bigz die Tattered flowers, the material I used was Diet Coke cans my friends happily supply me with (thanks Sandra) after I cut the flowers I used Rangers Alcohol Inks in of course my favorite colors all shades of purples.
The wings were cut with my Silhouette and embossed 
with an embossing folder sorry I can't remember which one. I then edged them with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads in Dusty Concord and Milled Lavender. Then I spritzed them with my own mixture of paint shimmer.
  I then painted the other side of the heart with Adirondack copper paint, and sanded it off and applied TH Broken China and then spritzed it again to give it a purple shimmer. The wings were edged on the embossing to give a grungy look using TH Black Soot.
 The chains were garage sale finds my mother provides me with. I just love old costume jewelry to play with in my paper crafting. The gears are cut with my Silhouette.


1 comment:

Jess said...

This is so beautiful!